Pages

LIFE IS A JOURNEY, ARE YOU READY?

EASY HEALTHY COOKIE WITH ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS

I came across this recipe a while back and ran straight to the supermarket to buy bananas and oats. That is right. Just these 2 ingredients. I defeated the purpose of this recipe being the ultimate fruit waste recipe. The reason why I say that is because this recipe is only good with an overly ripe banana. An over-ripe banana, with its darkened skin, with its flesh almost stewing inside, caramelising its own jnatural sugar; that is what you need. This money saving recipe is not only healthy, it also saves you an extra ingredient that is sugar. 

I just happened to have an odd banana from my trip in the fridge. I have developed a bad habit of not eating many fruits now due to the sugars. Yes, people say it is a healthier sugar, it is fructose. However, it still digests into glucose. The lesser the better. 

But what would you do with that odd over-ripe banana in your pantry? Food waste is no no for us at Fidgety Fingers, so a healthy snack it is.


INGREDIENTS
  • An over-ripe banana (Let's assume this mashes up to 1/2 cup)
  • Rolled oats (I used 1/2 cup of it. The original recipe calls for 1/4 cup but I find that it leaves the banana mixture too wet. Apparently you can use instant oats too but I have rolled oats lying around.)
  • Cinnamon (Just because a little spice is good for you. And tasty too)


DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven. 180C
  2. Prepare cookie mixture. Mash banana and mix with oats. Add cinnamon powder or any other spice you might fancy.
  3. Spoon mixture on greased tray. You may use grease paper too.
  4. Bake for 12-15min. This depends on the size of your cookies. I made them small. So I baked them for 12 minutes.
  5. OPTIONAL: flip and bake for longer. My cookies were a bit wet on the bottom. It was mashed banana after all. I flipped them and baked for another 8 minutes.
My measured ingredients made about 10 bite size cookies. Not bad for some leftovers and a quick bake. They are sweet enough and make a healthy snack which no additives and fussy ingredients. Just the way I like it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...